Official call for guest bloggers!
We’re looking for interesting articles from clever, influential, and opinionated people who have a lot to say about wigs, sizable collections, and the know-how to give our readers excellent care advice. So if you feel you have something to share that our readers would be interested in, please get in touch: email@example.com.
Below is some information on the type of content we are after. For further clarity, have a read through existing articles on the site. These are all just suggestions so if you have a topic in mind that you think would be interesting to our audience, please get in touch.
What are we looking for?
Our social media content, including our blog, is read all over the world by people who love alternative hair, IE: wig collectors. We also get a lot of traffic from folks who genuinely need help because they’re new to this and don’t know where to start. Your content should appeal to both of these audiences.
Suggested Content for Wig Collectors
Wig collectors like a LOT of comparison material. We (because I am one of these folks, too) want to see every wig in essentially every color because we’re curious creatures by nature and we LOVE talking hair!
Some suggested topics (with examples):
- HD, excellent quality color images showing one or more wig next to each other in similar lighting
- Comparison articles detailing the finer points of one wig compared to another similar style
- Video reviews or articles discussing a single wig in full detail, using language that indicates a very real competency with the products
Suggested Content for Wig Newbies
Folks who are new to wigs need a LOT of help learning how to shop for their hair! They also need a lot of tips and tricks to help them in every aspect of wig wear.
- Tips on how to secure a wig to your head
- Measurement tutorials
- Care and storage advice
- Styling tips (using products found on our site)
Our readers like lots of visuals! Each blog post you submit must contain at least one full-color image that you own. (No stock photos or other images from that web that may be under copyright.) This will be applied to the post when it is uploaded to the site. Video reviews are also highly desired, but we will still need a screen capture or other still image to accompany the post.
While you are the owner of the original submission, we (CysterWigs) become the owners of any content we publish once it goes up on this blog. This means that you cannot request an article be pulled down from the blog at any time once it is published. It also means that the same content cannot be used for the guest blog or reviews portion of a competitor’s website. We also request that you refrain from duplicating the same content on your own blog. Why? Google is freaky smart! They have web-crawling bots that can detect duplicate content on the web. They will penalize us AND your blog in terms of SEO. This will damage both of our search rankings if you duplicate written content.
The primary payment is obviously exposure! You can link back to your own blogs, social media, or YouTube pages, provided they do not contain any questionable or offensive content. This will help you build your own audience while giving us diverse content for our blog.
The secondary compensation is $20* for every published submission, payable in store credit.
*In full disclosure, when the original ad for this went out last year, this payment schema was different. We have re-evaluated this prior to the launch of this blog and adjusted accordingly.
All of the above are just suggestions. If you have any topic in mind that you think would be interesting to our audiences, or you have a submission that is ready for review and potential publishing, please get in touch with us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important Things To Remember Before You Submit Anything
- Because we’re paying for each published submission, we are going to be EXTREMELY picky about what goes up on this blog!
- Please be sure that your submissions are thoroughly proofread and ready-to-publish before you submit them.
- We are looking for high quality color images of the product in GOOD lighting that accurately portrays the colors. This is required with every submission!
- The more images = the better!
- We will check your submission for signs of plagiarism (copying the work of another person) and possible publication on other blogs or competing sites prior to accepting your submission — so please don’t submit anything where these things might be an issue!
- We reserve the right to decline any submission we feel isn’t a good fit for the site. You will not receive notice if your submission isn’t accepted, but you will receive notice if it is (and a store credit).
- Please DO NOT discuss competing stores or products that are not found on the CysterWigs.com website. These will not be eligible for publication. (Remember: We’re a business and it costs a lot of money to keep the site operational with a blog and all the other resources we provide.)