Hey Wig Lovers! This is Gina and I’m excited to share with you today Big Wave Bob by Sherri Shepherd! (No longer listed at CysterWigs.com.)
I know the Sherri Shepherd line is not new to Heather but when it was re-listed on CysterWigs, I was biting at the bits to order one for myself. 🙂 My bio hair is about 1B/2 so usually other colors that I’m interested in are just a little too light for me.
- I placed the order on Friday, January 6th and received it on Friday, January 13th by FedEx. I actually should have received it on the 12th but I wasn’t home and a signature was required. I was soooo bummed out because I was just dropping the kids off at school and I usually don’t have to sign for anything. 🙁
- Confirmed the style and color.
- Ooh! What’s this? Discoloration on the tissue paper?! This was on the interior of the cap. I would highly recommend washing this wig before using.
- The lace front on this needs to be trimmed. I never trimmed a lace front before, but I got through it with my handy dandy micro-tip scissors. I really liked the polyurethane covered ear tabs.
- F1B/burg color close up
- Gotta show you that lace front again.
- Big Wave Bob does not have a monofilament top, but it has an extended lace front. If you are someone that gets irritated with the lace front / monofilament top seam line, then you’ll definitely want to check this out.
- Open cap construction. This style has the rose lace permatease sections at the top, but I think it’s the perfect amount of permatease for me. Not too much for a “bump it” at the crown. 🙂
Big Wave Bob is actually sleek out of the box and the part wanted to stay in the middle sorta like the part in the second manufacturer photo. I prefer my hair sleek straight anyway unless I’m wearing a beachy wave style. So Yay!
- Photo taken after cutting the lace front. Oh wow, that morning sunlight makes me look YELLOW. I swear I don’t have jaundice.
- Uncut bangs of the Big Wave Bob makes it super easy to determine what needs to be cut.
- I bobby pinned the bangs together for a while to help train the bangs forward.
- This was taken after 2nd or 3rd cut. Always work your way up. Alternative hair doesn’t grow.
- Yay!! The experience wasn’t so bad!
A note about the lace front:
- You’ll need to trim it.
- The lace front on Big Wave Bob didn’t agree with my complexion so cutting the bangs made it wearable for me.
- About a 1/2 inch from the start of the hair line, there are bigger group knots.
- There are baby hairs!! 🙂